Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What is the best thing to put on your lips BEFORE applying lipstick to help it stay longer?

Some say pressed powder, some say foundation, some say concealer, some say balm 鈥?I am so confused!!!What is the best thing to put on your lips BEFORE applying lipstick to help it stay longer?
I use foundation when I want my lips to look natural. I use chap stick when I want it to last longWhat is the best thing to put on your lips BEFORE applying lipstick to help it stay longer?
Some people have suggested a lip primer, lip balm etc. and while these work well for softening/protecting/moisturizing the lips, they don't necessarily make your lipstick *last longer*.





The thing to apply to your lips before lipstick for specifically aiding the lipstick in *lasting longer* is a lip liner. This will stop your lipstick from ';bleeding'; or feathering, which basically means it keeps your lipstick in place and prevents it from moving out of the lip line, in turn keeping more product on the lips.





Another thing you could look into is finding a lipstick with a MATTE finish. Mattes can be drying, however of just about all the different lipstick finishes available, mattes adhere to lips the best - making them the most lasting.





Pair a good lip liner with a matching shade of matte lipstick and you've got lip colour that will LAST most likely all day/night - naturally, things like eating, drinking, other etc. can affect it's lasting ability, however unlike many lipsticks, mattes never completely fade/come off your lips, so that's a plus.
i used to be a dancer and my lipstick had to stay perfect for hours


what i would do is put on a layer of lipstick


and then use a brush to put some powder on top


and then add another layer of lipstick


it really worked





OR





you can go to the store and get the covergirl lipstick stuff that stays on.


its works really well.
For me personally, I'd put on some foundation and THEN pressed face powder (which makes sense since the powder helps keep the foundation in place).





Another thing you can do is apply some primer to your lips. I suggest Urban Decay Primer Potion (which costs $16.00). I've never used it, but then again I've never heard anything seriously bad about it either =]
Actually there is some lipstick that jus stay longer CoverGirl, Loreal..ect Check your local drugstore or mall :D
I personally use a basic balm and my lip colour lasts for hours.
Just use a long-wearing lip color and save yourself a lot of money and time.
I get an ice cube and ';freeze'; my lips. then I apply the lipstick. I know it sounds weird but it really works for me!
um i would use a blam type which u can get frm mac it acts like a primer.
get primer from mac

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware